Finally, my Ubuntu shipping has arrived yesterday. Without waiting, I installed this OS to my machine. You know, open source OS like Linux, depends on its repositories in the clouds. So, I figured it out how to connect via my DSL internet connection using this distribution. This is how I do it:
- Turn on your modem and plug in your LAN Cable from modem to your ethernet device.
- Right click your Network Manager Applet (located on top right of your Ubuntu desktop) and click on Edit Connection.
- Pick the DSL tab and Click on the Add button.
- A window will appear, and on the DSL tab enter your username, service name, and password.
I’m on Indonesia, and using Telkom Speedy service. So this is my configuration:
Connection Name: Speedy
- Click OK when you’re done, and exit the Network Manager.
- Next, left clik on the Network Manager Applet and click on connection name we configured on previous step. In my case, the connection name was Speedy.
- Wait until they connecting to the server, and when it’s done, there you go,, you’ve been connected.
Go ahead and try it. I’m waiting for your comment.